Sunday, August 27, 2006

Everybody's Home

Katie and Kendall got home last night around 9:45 pm. My cousin and his wife, which the girls refer to as Uncle Chuck and Aunt Beth, drove them all the way into Knoxville. We can't thank them enough for taking the girls on down to the beach. They had a great time and a bunch of funny stories to tell us about the girls. You'll have to ask us about the story of Kendall and the snake. I won't embarrass her here on the internet. One story I can tell you is when they went to a restaurant that was a little fancier than they thought. They said the waiters placed linen napkins in everyone's lap. It wasn't long before Kendall, in her ever so loud voice, announced to the room that she "dropped her cloth". Later, when the waiter hand ground black pepper for them, Kendall yelled out that there were bugs on the table!

While they were here last night, Chuck, ever the videographer, couldn't resist breaking out some of the video he took while they were down there which was great. For those of you who know Chuck, I'm sure you're getting a good laugh here. It was great to see the girls having a great time. We tried to get them to stay overnight since it was so late but they wanted to get back home to Nashville.

The girls brought us back some unique souvenirs. While they were at the beach they went to a place called "Fired Up." You can pick out your own clay sculpture, coffee mug, etc. and paint your own picture on it or just simply a color you like. They will then fire it in a kiln and put a clear top coat on it and you come back later and pick it up. Kendall made me a surfboard and Patty a princess. Katie made me a coffee mug with a beach scene on it and Patty a flip flop picture frame. They also put their name and year on the bottom. Beth also jumped in and made us a matching mug with a painting of the girls walking on the beach for us.

I got up this morning and got all the kids ready to go to church. Kix, Captain Crunch, and oatmeal were the foods of choice this morning. I thought we would let Patty sleep late and give her more time to rest without all the normal little footsteps running throughout the house.

Scott Sparks sermon was great today. He discussed how as a church "We Are All In This Together." Matter of fact he made us repeat that several times. I think he was trying to drive the point home. He used Paul's writings in 1 Cor 12 where Paul uses the analogy of our own bodies describing there are many parts but, one body. Likewise in the church, everyone has a role that allows the church body to function as God intended. The message really hit home for me as our church family has helped us out tremendously throughout this trying time. From helping watch the kids, lending an ear, prayers, to providing meals they have been there in our time of need. By the way, if you get a chance to eat Angie Anders's mashed potatoes or Penny Sparks's chicken & rice or anything Ben or Tracy cooks, jump at it.

Patty? oh yeah, I guess everyone wants an update on her, lol... She feels a little better today. When we left she got up and read a book of the Bible, washed and fixed her hair, and put some make-up on beautiful face. When we got home, I was surprised to see her hair and make-up fixed. I asked how she did it and she said she toughed it out. I could tell she felt better because she was trying to clean up around the house. I have to keep telling her I'll do it. She is still extremely sore and the drains still don't allow her to sleep in a comfortable position. The girls wanted to see the drains which she had under her shirt so she showed them to them and they were a little grossed out I think. We explained that they would come out soon and they seemed ok. Kendall wanted to see where her surgery was and Patty told them when she healed she would. Katie said that "now you will look like us" which made Patty smile and agree.

Yesterday was not so great but today is much better. God is in control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY PATTY,

SURE GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE BETTER TODAY. I KNOW YOU ALL ARE GLAD THE GIRLS ARE BACK HOME. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE ON MY MIND DAY AND NIGHT. I PRAY FOR YOU ALL THE TIME. WE WANTED TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE TIME BEFORE WE CAME OVER TO SEE YOU. HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK WE CAN COME BY.
KARA HAS A PRAYER BOX SHE HAS PUT YOUR NAME IN AND IS GOING TO WEAR IT. MY KIDS ASK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME. THEY WANT TO SEE YOUR CHILDREN. WHEN YOUR ARE UP TO IT I'LL BRING THEM OVER FOR A SHORT VISIT TO HELP ENTERTAIN YOUR KIDS. REMEMBER I AM OFF MON. AND THURS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AND I'LL BE RIGHT THERE. I'LL CALL YOU LATER. HOPE YOU SLEEP BETTER. TALK TO YOU SOON.

LOVE YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
LOVE, MELISSA