Thursday, August 24, 2006

Website Visits and the Writer

It is amazing to see how many people are visiting the website to check on Patty. In one day we've had over 175 visitors to the site. That is so encouraging to Patty and I. Of those visits there have been over 450 visits to different pages on the site. How incredible. Patty loves the messages from each of you as well.

For those of you who don't know me, the writer, my name is Scott. Patty and I have been married now for 12 great years. We dated for 4 years before that. Patty took me on as a project while we were in xray school together. If it wasn't for her and another close friend of mine, Kevin, I never would have made it through. My parents were in a middle of a divorce, I was broke and in more ways then one. Many of times did I eat air sandwiches (two pieces of bread together) occasionally, I would even have some BBQ sauce to put in the middle. Back then I had hair and would have to blow it dry with a candle since we didn't pay the light bill. I think Patty bought me lunch for a year our last year of school. Patty continued to take care of me and 4 children were added to that. She's done an incredible job. Its going to be hard for her to now be the one supported.

Now, I manage of couple of cancer centers in our city. A very rewarding job that I love. The people that I work with our unbelievable. Not only as associates but as caring individuals to our patients and to me as well. They have been great throughout this ordeal. Working in the Oncology field as long as I have, you never expect to be on the other side of the fence. Now that I am, I'm gaining a better perspective on cancer care.

Patty's asleep now and resting well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patty!
Sounds like Scott is taking great care of you. I know its been a long time since we have talked but you will always be one of my greatest friends.We always had such a great time and laughed so much.I will continue to pray for you and your family.When you are feeling better I will be by to visit. Love You!!!!!! Joanna

Anonymous said...

This web page is awesome! I feel so helpless, please let me know if you all need anything! I am also a pretty good babysitter. I am off Friday and Monday, so if you need me, just let me know. I live pretty close. :) Patty, you will feel so much better when they get those dumb drains out. My patients in the past said they felt like a "free woman" after they were removed. You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers - you are also in the thoughts and prayers of my husband, my parents, my sister, and my church family (Salem). Oh, and did I mention Adrian Burnett Elementary School. Love, Crystal Dugger and Family.

Angela G said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to put together this blog. You guys are all in our thoughts and prayers. With love, Jim, Ang, Lolo & Norah

Anonymous said...

Scott & Patty
It breaks my heart to know that you both have to endure this pain, but I do believe that GOD has a plan for the both of you to use this experience to spread HIS word. I pray for the both of you and the kids many times throughout the day. I love you all and always know that if you ever need me to help, I will be there. Call me any time. Patty, rest all you can and save your strength, let Scott wait on you for now. :-)

GOD BLESS YOU
Angie Littrell