Monday, September 11, 2006

Our Baby Boy is Two Today

I forgot to mention in my last post that today was our baby boy's 2nd birthday. Patty feared the whole pregnancy that Brett would be born on 9/11. She didn't want him to be born on such a day of melancholy. I told her she was worrying about nothing as he wasn't due until 9/20. I was wrong, again. He was born on 9/11/04. It was fitting. Brett had been to the World Trade Center site while he was in his mother's belly.

We embraced it as something to celebrate on this national day of remembrance. Although today, on Brett's second birthday, the celebration was muted. We hadn't had the time to plan him a party. I know Patty is saddened by this. She hasn't admitted it but I know. Especially knowing how much she loves her baby boy and how she enjoys planning special events for them.

So, we did the best we could. We ordered him an Elmo cake yesterday and picked it up and a couple of presents on the way home after the chemotherapy treatment today. Right before bedtime we brought out the cake which, he thoroughly enjoyed, and we let him open a couple of presents. Amy Sanders brought us a wonderful dinner earlier and Patty's grandmother made a surprise visit to see the kids and eat with us. That was our highlight of the day. Grant was really excited to see his Mamaw. As he said it, he's 'Mamaw's Boy'

Patty shouldn't feel the full effects of the chemotherapy until 24 to 48 hours after it was infused. As I type her stomach has been really bothering her. Hopefully this will soon subside.

So we now have another remembrance on this day. Patty's first cycle of chemotherapy. I pray that this will be something to celebrate in years to come.

"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith" Matthew 21:22 (ESV)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi guys it's candice. i hate to hear what patty had to endure yesterday. i hope that today is better and hopefully the side effects won't be awful in the days to follow. i will continue to keep you all in my thoughts, love candice

Anonymous said...

hey guys just wanted you to know we have been thinking about all of you and praying ,we love you all
kevin gina alex

Anonymous said...

Hello sweet people,

I love you and I am and will continue to pray my guts out for all of you. I feel that i want to say something but i just cant seem to form the words, and we all know that is a first ;)

love jackie