Monday, November 06, 2006

From The City of Brotherly Love

Once again I apologize for my lack of posts over the last week. I am attending a conference for work in Philadelphia this week so last week was consumed with taking the kids out trick or treating and getting everything done that needed to be done before I left. For the most part I was able to get everything done except for a few minor things. The kids all were Super Heroes this year. See below.


Well, greetings from the city of brotherly love. I've been here since Saturday morning and have been attending meetings since an hour after I arrived. Luckily my hotel allowed me to check in at 9 in the morning and I made my first meeting at 10. My hotel is right on the Delaware River on the outskirts of downtown Philly directly across from Camden, NJ. There is a bridge that connects New Jersey and Pennsylvania called the Ben Franklin Bridge. I told the kids I would post some pictures so they could see where I am staying. So, I'll post a pic below of the bridge from my hotel window.


On Saturday night I got out and walked around and took some other pictures close to the hotel. One was of this cool looking ship that is now a restaurant. You can see my hotel in the right background of the picture. I swam out to get this perspective from water ;).


Patty is finally getting to close to feeling normal again. She still is having sporadic aches and pains mainly in her rib areas. The doctor did a x-ray on her last visit but again, thankfully, nothing showed. We're thinking it may be to the Neulasta shot. When I spoke to her last night she sounded like she was at 'wits end'. She said the kids had been driving her crazy all day. This was one of my fears in leaving. Truthfully, I wouldn't have attended this meeting had I known all of this was going to occur. I had booked all my travel which was non-refundable on July 28. Patty first discovered something on Aug 4. What timing. Anyway, I would appreciate it if those of you who are reading would check in on her and see if she is still sane. If you've had 4 kids under the age of 8 before you'll know how she feels. She's an outstanding mother and continues to do a great job despite our recent setbacks. My prayers and hopefully yours will be that the kids would be on their best behavior while I'm gone. I am supposed to return on Thursday.

Some of the meetings have been great so far. Matter of fact, there was one yesterday that I was contemplating skipping that really inspired me. I'll post on it tonight or tomorrow. I've got to get dressed and head out to my next meeting and then I'm going to the exhibit hall at the convention center to check out all the latest in cancer technology and treatment. Ironic, huh?

No comments: