Monday, November 27, 2006

Post Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving, or Feast as Kendall would call it, in Nashville last week. It was fun to visit with family and basically take it easy. Chuck and Beth have the setup we'd like to have as far as the outside goes. They live at the end of a dead end street with a small farm behind them and acres of woods to the right of them. They are also animal lovers and have many creatures for the kids to play with. We could let the kids out and let them play with the dogs outside or just run in the big back yard playing with sticks or whatever they could get their hands on without worrying about somebody snatching them up or getting run over.

The farm was great fun for the kids as well as they got to interact with all the farm animals. Namely donkeys, horses, and goats. See the pics below.

Grant and Chuck Checking Out the Goats

Everybody Petting a Goat

Kendall Petting a Horse


Chuck's neighbor Gary told us about some beavers back building a 40-50 foot beaver dam on a pond back in the woods. So we trek out to check it out. See pics below again.


The Dam Runs Through the Center of the Picture

Evidence of the Beaver's Work. In the Background You see the Reflection of the Trees (Upside Down) in the Water

We didn't see any beavers but you could tell they had been there. We also visited the Adventure Science Museum while we were there. Kendall really enjoyed the uhhhhh, how should I describe this, I guess...sounds of the Colon exhibit in the BodyQuest area will do. We also went to a pottery store called Third Coast Clay where you pick out a blank piece of pottery and paint it yourself. They'll then fire it for you and you can come back and pick it up later. It was a lot of fun. We won't get our wares until next week though.

Patty felt ok throughout the trip. She is really bumming because her eyelashes are starting to fall out and their is nothing to put her mascara on. She's also complaining that one of her eyes seems blurry. It is most likely nothing but, when you have cancer every ache or pain becomes a concern whether or warranted or not. She did get to enjoy a whole day of kid free shopping on Friday. Her and Beth left out at 5:30 and returned about 4. Better her than me is all I have to say!

Her last AC treatment is next Monday. Then she'll have 3 or 4 Taxotere treatments. The Christmas Tea that is she is arranging for the church is this Saturday. Once that is over I know it will be a big load off of her shoulders. I was hoping she wasn't going to do it this year but I think it has given her something to put her energy into. Patty and Katie will be performing at the Christmas Tea to the song by Nicole Nordeman, "I AM" I love this song. They are going to be signing the words to the song. Katie is doing the first of the four parts and Patty the last. Below are the words to the song.

I Am *
(by Nichole Nordeman 2002 Ariose Music)

Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed.
You watched my team win, and watched my team lose
Watched when my bicycle went down again

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Elbow Healer, Superhero, come if you can
You said, I Am

Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10 pm?
You saw my mistakes and watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, be my best friend
You said, I Am

You saw me wear white by pale candlelight
I said 'forever' to what lies ahead
Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
Too much it might seem when it is 2 am.

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
Oh, Shepherd Savior, Pasture Maker, hold on to my hand
You said, I Am

The winds of change and circumstance
Blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that's familiar
And bless the moments that we feel you nearer

When life had begun I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne
Who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home

I will be weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End
I Am, I Am

If you haven't heard the song. Click HERE for a short clip. They'll be over a hundred people at the tea so I hope they don't get to nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patty, Patty, Patty....the tea was perfect. You out did yourself as I expected you would. The song you performed was awesome and there was not a dry eye in the crowd of over two hundred. You are such an inspiration to everyone you knows you. I know it took courage for you to perform bald but the impact was truly awesome. I am just so proud of you and the way you live your life.
Scott, I wish you could have been there to see her. Your heart would have been so full of pride you would have burst. I love you more than you will ever know and thank God for you and your family being in my life all of these years. You have taught me many things and hope somehow I have helped you.
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL.
Carmen