Thursday, December 28, 2006

Patty's Treatment Update

Patty's treatment went well today. Well, but long. We got there about 10:15 and left about 3:00. She didn't have a reaction this time thankfully. She felt a twinge in her back when they first started giving her the Taxotere but, I think that was her nerves because she did fine. They had loaded her up with Decadron, Benadryl, Ativan, and something else to prevent a reaction. I told her the kitchen sink was next. She slept through the majority of the treatment. I sat on a stool and read the whole time to the chagrin of my back, lol...

Traci graciously came over and watched the boys and girls for us while we were gone. Darrell brought some of his fireman's barbecue for dinner. Patty goes for the infamous Neulasta shot tomorrow. Pray that it is better than the other times she's had it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patty,
I watched the movie last night, I wore lipstick to my masectomy, hopefully I spelled that ok. As if I didn't admire you so much anyway, exp. after the I Am performance at church, which had me in tears the whole day, but after the movie I just felt so much admiration for you and your strength. Patty I too lost my mom to cancer, lung cancer though, and I know the struggles and the strength it takes and you are so amazing and such an amazing influence for the rest of us. I know you are surrounded by angels and your strength is amazing and just know through this journey you are makijng such a difference in manyn people's lives. Again, if you ever need anything at all, help with the kids and just a friend or a shoulder or whatever please call me. And thank you for being the beautiful , amazing person you are. We love you.

Cindi and the kids