Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Next Step

Well, Patty showed up at my work today and it wasn't to see me. Today was her initial consult with our Radiation Oncologist. There was some debate about whether or not she should receive radiation therapy or not but after pouring over the latest clinical trial and study results it looks as if there is some benefit to be gained by having the radiation. Small but albeit there. Additionally, it appears that if she opts for reconstruction it is advantageous to perform the radiation before any type of reconstruction. She's going to wait until after Spring Break to get started so that she can recover fully from the chemo and not have to drag all four kids to the treatments.

She looks as if she is on the upswing she is still having some significant back pain but it is bearable if she is on the meds. Having injections to improve both her white and red blood cell counts is definitely a longer recover period for her.

powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you guys! Stay straight, no worries! God is in control! You guys fire me up!

Earl and Marcey,