Monday, October 16, 2006

Sunday, Fever Sunday

Sunday was a rough day. Kendall woke up not feeling well and soon developed a fever. Our plans were to go to Cracker Barrelll that morning with Patty's family before they left for home. Since Kendall was sick I stayed home with her and everybody else headed out to the Barrell. Kendall started feeling a little better so we ventured together over to the local Mickey D's for a father/daughter breakfast.

Meanwhile, Patty said about the time they delivered her food she had a hot flash and then the nausea set in. She couldn't even eat it her food. When she got home I could tell she was not feeling well. She soon was in the bathroom sick. Brett was the next one down. Fever and grumpy. Soon Grant joined the fray. Three down, one to go. Katie was the only one left that wasn't sick. Things calmed down for the evening but little did I know there was more to come. Patty developed a fever next so I had to call the physician and he called in a prescription that I went and picked up after I put the kids to bed. Brett woke up around 1:30 with fever again and vomiting. He kept it up until 5 a.m. So I debated, sleep for an hour or stay up and go ahead and get ready? I opted for the hour.

Patty is much better today. She went and had her blood counts checked and everything looked ok. Everybody else has recovered as well except for Brett. He still has a fever and is "as grumpy as an ol' baar" to quote the coal miner's daughter.

No comments: