Friday, January 19, 2007

Patty Treatment Update

Patty's treatment went well yesterday. Well meaning no incidents or reactions. She has been tired a lot lately and she found out why yesterday. Her red blood cell counts were below number. When these are low you begin to feel really tired. So she had to have a shot to try to increase these cells. She'll go for her Neulasta shot today which will have her totally wiped out by tomorrow through Monday. I could tell yesterday that she had been taking the steroids she has to take before, during, and after the chemo. She was on the edge a little. She has to take those today as well so hopefully their effect will abate by Sunday.



The bright spot of my day yesterday was the Mynatt's bringing my favorite meal, Wishbone's. They have the best chicken tenders in town. Me and the kids played hide and seek after baths and dinner while Patty rested. They're still at the age where they don't realize you have to be quiet when you're hiding if you don't want to be found.



After I got them in the bed I decided to have a night with no tv and sat down to listen to James Dobson's online radio broadcast of the "Strong Willed Child." I had been wanting to listen to it ever since I saw the topic in his daily email but, I listened for about 10 minutes and I was so tired I killed over on the couch until about 1:46 a.m. I can tell when I get a good night's sleep because I wake up about an hour before the alarm clock.



Pray that Patty will not suffer the usual effects from the Neulasta shot.





powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol...
i thought we were the only wishbone junkies in town. we go there at least once a week (-;
scott is right, they have the BEST chicken tenders anywhere!!!