Friday, February 16, 2007

Patty Update & Valentine's Day

Patty is doing well. She got her Herceptin treatment yesterday without issue. Her hair is continuing to grow back. I know she can't wait to first, get rid of the wig, and second, how her hair is going to come back in. Her mood has been improved as of late and she seems to be doing well emotionally. I hope that continues.

I took her out for a special Valentine's Day dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Bistro - By the Tracks. We have only at their a couple of times due to the expense but I love the atmosphere. The fact one of our good friends Tracy works their has nothing to do with it ;).

Anyway, I had to tell her that morning that I was taking her out because she was going to cook a meal for us and I was afraid she would start preparing it before I let the cat out of the bag. I was able to keep one surprise intact though until we got there. I had asked one of Patty's longtime friends Janine and her husband Wayne to join us for dinner so they would get a chance to talk and luckily they took me up on it. So when we got there Patty was surprised to see them pull down their menus to reveal themselves sitting at our table! She was really surprised.

That wasn't the only surprise of the night. Janine had commented that she saw one of the doctor's Patty and her used to work with when they came in and sat down. Patty noticed him as well and nothing else was said after that. Later on during the meal, one of the waitresses comes to the table and hands Janine a folded piece of paper addressed to J-Nine (her nickname). The look on her face was priceless, a total state of 'shock and awe'. What was on it? It had just the simple word 'enjoy' a gift certificate for a rather large amount that covered both of our meals! And dessert to boot! Can't beat that. The giver didn't want her to know who gave it but I think we figured it out. So, all I will say is many thanks Dr. X.

Patty and I are stealing away for the weekend to Gatlinburg with my cousin and his wife, sans kids. Can you believe it? I don't know how she talked somebody into watching the kids but she did. Pray for Darrell & Beth and Ben & Tracy. They'll need it. Patty wanted to surprise me with this getaway but she just couldn't pull it off. It no problem though as I appreciate the effort.

I probably will not have internet access but if I'll do I'll post a snow watch! Have a Great Weekend everyone! God is Good!

No comments: