Monday, February 12, 2007

Patty Update

Patty is doing better than previous Neulasta episodes. Your prayers are helping! She says she is still very, very sore but thankfully she is not relegated to the couch for an extended period of time. She has been a real trooper and I can't say enough at how well she has handled this whole ordeal.

Last night, we had a community group leader meeting to discuss things going on with our groups. Penny Sparks heads up the leaders and provides us with tips, encouragement, and support in our efforts. Last night, she shared some scripture with us that was like soothing water for my parched soul. I needed it. I needed the encouragement and forgiveness it provides. I thought there may be some of you that need it as well so I'm going to post it below. It is Paul writing to the Philipians starting in chapter 3, verse 12. The bold emphasis is mine.

12 I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize. 13 My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead. 14 I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done. 15 All of us who are mature should think in this same way. And if any of you think differently, God will make it clear to you. 16 But we must keep going in the direction that we are now headed.


No comments: