Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Patty's Last Major Chemo Treatment Tomorrow!

Wow. I apologize for the long delay in posting. It seems like things have been extremely busy at home and at work over the last week leaving me little time to "effectively" blog. I know, "yea , right. You couldn't find time throughout the whole week?" I stand corrected and humbly throw myself on the mercy of the readership! I intended to blog yesterday but Blogger was down for most of the day yesterday. But fear not! I'll be consistently posting updates on Patty's condition throughout this next treatment.

Anyway, Patty's last major chemo treatment is tomorrow. #9 in all. (Sidebar: I just erased almost a whole paragraph. I'm beginning to really respect "real" journalists, if there is such a thing anymore, the more I "write" myself. It's tough work to pound out what you're thinking in your head and translate it into a format that doesn't allow expression, inflection, or tone to shine through. And, at the same time 'get the point across.' Not to mention correctly formatting it grammatically. But I digress.) She's done much better than I expected. She seems to be feeling fairly well lately. She'll start the steroids today which can lead to a little irritability so we'll cut a little slack over the weekend ;). Her hair continues to grow back at a fast pace. She even asked me the other day is she should just go without it. I'm kicking myself for not doing a weekly "dome" shot to document the growth for everyone. I don't think it will be long before she sheds the 'artificial locks' and fears the oven no more! lol...

As I contemplate this last treatment, I feel some deep thoughts coming on as Patty enters turn 4 and throws her efforts towards crossing the finish line. But alas, I don't have the time to express them now.

Ironically enough, today I'm meeting with a director from Komen for the Cure Foundation (formerly the Susan B. Komen Foundation) to discuss our Cancer Centers and our services for breast cancer patients. Boy, she'll never know how much I "really" know about our services.

Below you will find some previously promised pictures from the last few weeks. Enjoy!

Princess Prep

Snow White & Her Fellow Princesses

The "Real" Princesses

Icicles On The Cabin

Patty, Myself, Beth, & Chuck

No comments: