Friday, April 13, 2007

Treatment Update

Patty is a 1/3 of the way through her radiation treatments now. She is doing relatively well with them so far. She has been extremely tired lately so we thought her red blood cell counts might be low but they checked it yesterday and it was ok. They're going to check her thyroid to see if there could be any issues there. She got her Herceptin treatment yesterday as well and it went as expected.

She has started to venture out without her wig in the last week. She's got enough hair to try to spike it up but it doesn't want to cooperate for some reason. It wants to merge towards the center and form a mohawk. Its also coming in a light brown rather than the dark brown she used to have. She's also began to lose some of the weight the steroids added while she was having to take those. She has also been trying to continue to work out when she can.

I plan to keep updating so keep reading! Also please continue to send Patty notes of encouragement if you want! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty,
You looked so pretty at church today. I have to tell you that your boys made my day, I went to the classrooms when the lights went out for the 2nd time during church and first Grant ran to me to show me his hair-cut, then Brett made a running dash to me and straight in my arms, it made my day to see their sweet smiling faces. You are such a wonderful mom!!!! Keep staying strong and keep your faith, God is working miracles in you !!!!

Love,
Cindi and Autumn and Cody

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty,
Glad you are doing well. I will tell Zach about your mowhawk he will like that. Hope to come in soon, hug all the children for me and tell them I love them. I think about you alot and wish I could be there more. Love to all, Aunt Rosalind