Thursday, May 17, 2007

Patty's Radiation Treatment Complete

I apologize for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks. I've been out of town for work (mostly) or play 8 out of the last 9 days.

Patty finished her radiation treatments on Monday. She has done well except for one area under her arm that the skin has broke down. It doesn't look good but she is being a trooper. Luckily, she still can't fill under her arm so it is not as painful as it looks.

We celebrated her finishing by her and the kids coming up to Cincinnati with me on a business trip this week. We went up a day early and went to the Cincinnati Zoo which was really nice. It took us six hours to "do the zoo". Brett was amazing as he walked the whole zoo all day without riding in the stroller. This boy is going to have some stamina. I wish I could say the same for Grant and Kendall. We had a great time though as a family. It almost got canceled but we persevered.

The next day the Patty and the kids hung out at the indoor pool of the hotel we stayed while I was gone to do a presentation on Cancer Services strategy. Sounds like fun doesn't it!

It looks like reconstruction is the next hurdle. So we'll be making some decisions towards that soon. Also, the big Relay for Life fundraiser is coming up of which I'm going to post a link here soon to help me in fundraising to support cancer research.

No comments: